Mysterious black screen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cletis989

I Have an asus em motherboard and im having an issue where computer will go into sleep mode or hibernate mode out of nowhere. And then when screen is black computer will not respond like it blue screens without the screen tho. I have to flip the switch in back because the 20 second hold the power button doesnt work. Im looking at the event viewer and see critcal problems but have no idea what they are.

When i try to power back on the pc after this mysterious black screen happens the system will run but the beep wont occur so i have a black screen with a running pc again. I have to take mother board battery out.

Specs -
Maxtor 250gb
Maxtor 500gb
HD-3870 Radeon ( Plait )
Amd 620 X4
Asus M4A78-EM motherboard
Cooler Master extreme power plus 500w

Sounds like the motherboard is faulty. Depending on how long ago you got it, you might be able to RMA it.

Has this been happening since you bought it, or has it only just started happening recently?

Download coretemp and see how hot your getting. Did you add any new hardware or software recently? If you could show us the event viewer I'm sure someone here will know what it means. Update your video card drivers. Update your windows updates.

Nope just started to happen. I Bought this last year little after christmas. Motherboard shouldnt be faulty but sounds like it to me.

I did install uniblue power suite 2010. and Then the black screen appeared.. so i uninstalled that program and the computer seemed to last a little bit longer, but still will go to that black screen.

No new hardware.

No idea what u mean my RMA it.

My temp is running smooth. all Drivers are updated to the max.

Event Viewer- Cant seem to figure out why my attachment isnt working.

Realize what the problem is with Event Viewer..Forums only allow 200kb i exported my log files from event viewer and it comes to be 2.1mb someone help me on to convert this.

Also over heating maybe the issue but I just downloaded my motherboard tool to show me temps.

So no black screen yet. Will post with more info.

RMA means Return Merchandise Autorization. Put simply, it means Return the motherboard back to wherever you bought it from for a replacement, refund or repair. If its still under warranty (which it should be if you only just bought it after christmas) then the store shouldnt charge you.

Edit: I forgot to mention that if the motherboard is not faulty, then it will more then likely cost. So make sure you are 100% sure the motherboard is infact faulty before you send it back. If you send it back.

yes I understand... asus motherboards come standard 3 year warrenty so i think im safe.

But like today I have not gotten 1 black screen.....when it black screens everything idles down....sometimes if u press power button it iwll idle back up. like it was hibernating but it boots up again from bios logo screen.

Hmm 2 me seems to be PSU, is shot maybe. I didnt mention i had two power outages in like 5 seconds of each other...the first 1 turned pc off second 1 pc was already off.. dont know if this will help but I really appreciate all the feedback

My CPU voltage is fluctuating tho from v1.0400 (802.25 mhz) - v 1.35 (2600 Mhz) ....should my cpu be at a stable voltage?

Hey I had this same problem with a new computer i built and put my old gfx card in (ati radeon hd 4750, 512mb). I had windows xp he installed which gave me the screens you're getting. but the gfx card worked flawlessly and ran hotter in the 5 yr old dell. thought it was mobo, heating, power, drivers, bios, ram, gfx card...wasn't any of those. I installed windows 7 32bit, wal-lah! New pc is up and running like a champ.

Moreover, blue screens of death are caused by registry errors. Registry may not be the cause of your problem but it couldn't hurt to download a regedit program to fix errors.

Keep us posted i'm curious bout this issue.

Intel i3 duo 2.93
Intel DH55TC mobo
1TB hitachi HD 7200
120GB maxtor HD 7200
4GB DDR3 Corsair
ATI Radeon HD 4750 512MB DDR3

Hmmm Well i have windows 7 64 bit...

This is so wierd because it only does it when it wants to... Now it happens when i leave my computer...i can play and play for hours but when i leave my computer it will do this blk screen idle down..like its a laptop going into hibernation...I have sleep, power, all turned to never .....so monitor and pc shouldnt be doiing this..

If anyone can help me convert event viewer logs to .txt i would greatly appreciate..

check the connections inside the pc...could be that the 4 pin cpu power connecter isnt conencted properly....could also be the hard disk cables

OMG thanks little too late.. BUT YOU WHERE RIGHT!! not the 12v 4 pin but my PSU has 22 power connector with a Aux 4 pin that was loosly in there hopefully this will fix my problem.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back