NAS compatible with PS3?

By cookiedude
Sep 26, 2007
  1. Hi All

I'm looking to get some form of network storage that I can use between my PC, Laptop and PS3. I have been looking at Lacie and WD:

I have heard poor reports about the WD drive though, apparently there's a supscription needed to access the full remote features!

Ideally I would like around 1tb, but 500gig would do for now as long as I can connect additional hard drives (daisy chain) to the NAS box for extra storage/backing up. FTP access would be useful too so I can access my files anywhere.

Have any of you done similar? Can you provide some advice on the best way of doing this?
  2. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,383   +105

SimpleTech NAS are very stable. WD not a fan of there devices. They just started to sell 1TB units here cheap for $320.

Do you have a router between the PC, laptop and PS3? Not hard to configure the device to the network.
  3. cookiedude

cookiedude TS Booster Topic Starter Posts: 157

Ye, I have everything connected over a wireless network at the mo. Intend to use a wired connection for my ps3 to make streaming files better.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.