Nasty adware/spyware programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK firstly I'm by no means an expert.... I have basically inadvertingly downloaded three nasty adware/spyware programs, Error Safe, DiscDriveCleanUp and AVSystems. I have a yellow triangle in the start up tray that won't go away and reckons I have to pay money to AV systems to get rid of my problems. I cannot access add/remove programs a message keeps shooting up telling me to contact the system administrator. I downloaded the AVG patch which got rid of a whole list of nasty things but I still cannot get rid of the icon or allow me access to the programs. I uninstalled the first two malware programs by searching for the program and finding the uninstall program and running it so I'm guessing its the AV systems thing which is stopping me cleaning my computor. I tried the method of entering *.cpl and clicking on each entry but it would not let me rename the ones that opened. As you have gathered I'm not that gifted with computors so please feel free to talk to me in basic language and be graphic. Thanking you all in advance for your help.

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.

This thread is for the use of JamesLee only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back