TechSpot

Nearly half of all iOS devices are already running iOS 8

1. Apple has revealed that nearly half of the devices that connect to the iOS App Store are now running its latest mobile OS. As of September 21, the adoption rate of iOS 8 stood at 46 percent, according to the...

Read more

2. This is such a lame thing to tout. Apple forces the OS onto older devices and you can either install it or you lose 5GB of storage space from the download you can't delete. Or if you do manage to run an older system, they'll break vital features. (Facetime is broken for devices running 6 unless you move to 7 for a new security cert - because it wouldn't be possible to just update the certificate...)

This is only an impressive stat that shows how good an OS is when it's by choice and not done automatically or coerced.

3. aMerkuri

aMerkuri TS Enthusiast Posts: 39   +12

And when your old device can't keepup with updated software (lag, battery issues, crashes), they force you to get new iDevice.

4. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Can't wait till bugfix updates come since iOS 8 is quite buggy.

5. Apple at it again. This is yet another attempt at releasing the same OS with a few new features and unfortunately everyone is falling for it. The screen size is nothing new to us Android and Windows Phone users.

As you can tell I am not a fan of Apple devices and in my line of work I have to use and review them being the IT manager for a large Telco. I am waiting for the day Windows Phone starts growing and kicking Apple's IPhone's ***!!

6. Probably because of people wanting to take advantage of the ultra fast radio wave charging with their microwaves. That's one feature that makes me consider getting an iphone. Google really needs to implement that into Android!