Need a Mouse?

By Vehementi
Feb 19, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Over here at newegg they have a mouse for $.01. 2 button, scroll wheel, PS2...

I thought this would be a good idea for someone who needs a temporary mouse, but since shipping is $5 I'd reccomend you order it with something else.

I ordered NWN two days ago, and one of these mice with it...I thought I can't go wrong for a penny, and it looks fine to me :D
  2. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

I don't think I'm mistaken when I say Newegg doesn't combine shipping.. That means you get charged $5 shipping for the mouse on top of whatever else you order.
  3. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Ouch, and here he probably thought he was getting a deal....That's gotta suck.
  4. navveed

navveed Newcomer, in training Posts: 34

they should just give away mice.. especially the crappy ones with the ball..
  5. Arris

Arris TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,508   +81

I really don't know anyone who would go out and buy a ball mouse now, optical mice have almost become the standard over the last couple of years and prices of them have come down considerably. I couldn't go back to a ball mouse now, I've become so used to optical.
  6. navveed

navveed Newcomer, in training Posts: 34

ditto.. I took my old ones to a computer trading store and they didn`t give me anything for them. :p Better than trashing them though.. I`d like to get a wireless optical mouse.. the wire always gets in my way somehow.. oh well.
  7. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 3,199

Ha, little did you know newegg just adds on like half or something...

Shipping was $9 for three items.
  8. young&wild

young&wild TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,268

Are you trying to downgrade your system by addin a scroll mouse? Optical mouse are way better, no cleaning required = hassle, and not to mention longer life.
  9. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 3,199

I'm not using it. It's my backup mouse :D

And the one I'll use for screwing with other peoples' broken systems.
  10. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

Yeah, that's actually quite smart... :)

I used to have an old mouse lying around for when I went to fix friends pc problems, but I seem to have lost it...
    It was a very old Microsoft mouse ('96 flavour), but would work with anything ps/2...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.