Need a printer to print from DOS

gulabg

My HL1440 printer died. With that printer I was able to print from windows XP as well as from Peachtree 10.0 version which is a DOS program. This program requires a parallel cable port
as well as a printer that will emulate HL8PS printer or HP Laserjet I or something similiar.

I called Brother, but they stopped making HL1440. I do have HL2040 with a parallel cable, but
according to Brother, they do not have DOS driver for that printer.

Is it possible to find a printer in the market that will help. I do not want to change my software,
because I cannot find printer with parallel cable and DOS driver.

I will appreciate any help.

Best regards,
Gulab Gidwani

You're better off moving to a USB printer as few systems now support Parallel connections.
A USB printer is rather cheap these days and if you move to better OS or Application, then it will still be supported.
Why waste time with 1998 technology?

The problem is that I have a couple of DOS programs that are very important to me.
I do not like to be forced into new technology and have to learn anything new unless I decide to do that.

Best regards,
Gulab Gidwani

You might be able to get a new or used HL 1440 on Ebay which should solve your problem. For example, see here: HL 1440

This was the first one I found but there might be more since I didn't check further.

Back