TechSpot

Need an new NF7-S 2.0 BIOS Chip

By EXCellR8
Jan 10, 2008
  1. Yea so I screwed up pretty bad and flashed my mobo (nf7-s 2.0) with the wrong damn bios file. I used a bios for an nf7-s2 and now my computer barely works. I cannot flash back to a correct BIOS because of a "write protection" issue so I need to get a new chip for my board. Does anyone know of a good place to get one? I've looked around a little but I can't find a place. I need a PCC32 type or whatever it is; pheonix-award. All I know is that the chip is square and has 32 pins... Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. Darth_Terra1

Darth_Terra1 TS Rookie Posts: 212

As far as i'm aware you cant buy separate bios chips you have to get a new motherboard, could be wrong but i have never come across any place online or on the high street that does it.

3. EXCellR8

EXCellR8 The Conservative Topic Starter Posts: 1,835

BIOS Chips Dealer

Found a place out of California that sells replacement DIP and PLCC BIOS chips. I ordered one, they programmed it, and then shipped it to me in less than a week! I popped the new chip in and bingo, works perfect! I also sent them my original chip so that they can reprogram that as well. All is good now and I didn't have to do anything to my motherboard.

The site is www.biosman.com; I just Googled "BIOS chips" or something like that and the site came up. I highly recommend them. Cheers!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.