Need computer upgrades!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraStrike4

ok.
i have a Dell Inspiron 2650 (old)
I cant run any of my favorite games because of lack of memory and a good graphics card.
i just want to know everything i can possibly do to upgrade my computer in any way.
here are the current specs:
Mobile Intel Celeron CPU 1.50GHz
256 MB of RAM ( about to add another 256 to it but i dont know how to access the second expansion slot???????)
windows xp service pack 2
So if theres anything i can do, please and thanks for any help!

I have to agree with Tmagic650 regarding getting a new system, but sometimes that is not a reality due to financial constraints.
the next option is to upgrade the ram. 512MB is much better than 256MB but is still quite limited, but with your model that is all you can install.
Maximum Memory: 512
Number Of Slots: 2 x 256 MB
Storage Capacity: 256 MB
Technology: SDRAM
Memory Speed: 133 MHz ( PC133 )
here is a link that shows how to install Ram on a Dell Inspiron 2650:
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins2600/en/sm_en/upgrades.htm#999869
Just follow the instructions. It is a pretty easy fix. If you do not have the extra ram you can get some on the net for pretty cheap these days.

There are lots of other upgrades too!
external mouse
external DVD drive
external ???...
<hehe>
on the serious side... I AGREE... the only real practical upgrades apply to RAM. Also Software maintenance programs such as, Diskeeper, Iola System Mechanic, etc... (just a couple that I like, although Microsoft should supply internal MS software that does these tasks with the same results. MS defrag and misc utilities just cause a computer to lag behind. My opinion...)

SUB

Yes CobraStrike4,
your poor laptop is so limited that by installing the maximum ram (512MB SODIM) and installing a bigger capacity hard drive is about all you can do. I'm afraid that even if you do this much, it won't really help your ability to play games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back