TechSpot

Need Cooling Advise For Overclocked AMD Athlon 2500+ Barton

By snowman
Nov 4, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. well i started overclocking my cpu. i only bumped it up a little to a 2600+. wow, i know. temp is alright, but i want to go farther probably to 2800+ or 3200+ at the highest. i know this chip can take it. my problem is i've been out of the loop on pc gear for a while. and i want to know what some of you recommend for a cooler. i dont want to break the bank either. i have a ZALMAN CNPS3100+ on there now with two case fans and it just isnt cutting it. it seems to run a little warm at about 55C.

thanks for your help.
  2. SheHateMe

SheHateMe TS Rookie Posts: 35

Yeah that is pretty warm, well you can upgrade to the zalman CNPS7000B-Cu LED (or none LED doesn't matter) heatsink/fan which work real well. Can buy it for a little over 50 or a little under 50 depending on where you buy it. I am running a 3000+ Venice overclocked 800 mhz, and at idle it sits at 27, running games around 36-38.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.