Need help choosing parts for a basic PC...

By Ligar
Nov 28, 2004
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm getting my grandmother a PC for xmas so she can acess the net and I have decided what to get...

Motherboard
    CPU
    RAM
    HDD
    Case
    Speakers
    Mouse + Keyboard

All the other componants i already have. It will be for internet and MS word, ect only so no need for power!

Could anyone tell me if that CPU is compat with the mobo and if that RAM is compat with the mobo and CPU.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Ligar

Ligar Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 68

Ehh ehhh erehh arghhhhhhhhhhhhh :grinthumb
  3. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +17

Yes and Yes is the answer to your question.

Regards Howard :grinthumb
  4. Ligar

Thank you !!
  5. EvilFallenAngel

EvilFallenAngel Newcomer, in training Posts: 73

Looks good, just make sure your grandparent knows how each external item works if its now working properly, such as internet connection, and booting and conecting anything basic, ie mouse speakers so on.
  6. Ligar

lol yeah... its going to be hard work teaching my 72 year old gran whos never even touched a mouse or keyboard before...
  7. EvilFallenAngel

EvilFallenAngel Newcomer, in training Posts: 73

I know Ive been there, I got my grandma a new pc, and its not fun having to drive 50 miles to hook up a dsl cable, who she by the way accidently hooked upt filter, while she was CLEANING!!!!....but I love my grany. Depending on the setup, a basic 101 setup talk will help alot, like not hooking up your dsl like to filter.....if you know what I mean....lol

Evil
    :darth:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.