Need help connecting my new pc to net/lan

By korrupt
Sep 9, 2006
  1. Hey everyone, I just finished setting up my new pc but now for some reason i cant seem to connect to the lkocal area network...

How do i do this? With my old pc, basically i just had to plug the cable in and it would work...

2. korrupt

korrupt TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 716

Ok, so I chucked in a NIC and now I can connect to LAN but still cant connect to the internet... As stated, with my old system, it would autoatically get set up during the installation of XP... How do I make it connect automatically but do it manually ....

3. N3051M

N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

Plug in the cable, if you have a router/switch that uses static IP address or filtering etc, let it through..

-Go to Device manager, and see if its installed ok
    -got the chipset/lan drivers installed?
    -are the lan lights flashing etc?
    -Network Connections>Local Area Connection ->Check its been enabled
    - "--/--">(right click)> Properties>Internet Protocol TCP/IP [Properties] >obtain IP address automaticaly or static depending on what you use.

If the LAN connection (hardware side) OK then just run windows network wizard [start>all programs>accesories>communication>Home Network Wizard] and you should be flying..
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.