NEED HELP finding VIDEOCARD and SOUNDCARD for~100$ thats compatible with my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

awsskater892

Hi, I have a computer and the video card is VERY crappy and im not even using a sound card, just whats on the motherboard. I really want the best for my money, but dont want to spend much.

For the video card it has to be agp 4x, and im hoping to spend not much more then 100-120$

And for the sound card i want it to be pritty decent, best possible for about 60-90$.

SPECS:
cpu:
intel pentium 4
package: pga-423
1.90ghz.

motherboard:
Manufacturer:supermicro
Model:p4sta, pcb version
chipset: i850, rev. a2

graphic interface:
version: agp version 2.0
transfer rate: 4x
Max. supported: 4x
sideband: enabled

Memory:
Type: rdram
Size: 512mb
Channel #: dual

Hope this helps, thanks

why dont you invest in a new motherboard instead? with pci express? lol. actually for an agp port you can get an agp 8x card but it will run in 4x. The geforce fx series might be in your league, check on ebay.

first you should specify your complete budget for everything combined. then tell me your goals with this computer. and also, tell me what socket your processor is.

If you just want to upgrade those 2 components Id say Radeon 9800 Pro and Sound Blaster Audigy. A 6600GT video card would be a little better but they seem to have alot of problems running at 4x. Id check the sunday sale papers and get a pretty good eMachine for $300-400. Most of the newer ones have PCI-e or AGP slots so you can put in a pretty good video card.

vegasgmc said:
If you just want to upgrade those 2 components Id say Radeon 9800 Pro and Sound Blaster Audigy. A 6600GT video card would be a little better but they seem to have alot of problems running at 4x. Id check the sunday sale papers and get a pretty good eMachine for $300-400. Most of the newer ones have PCI-e or AGP slots so you can put in a pretty good video card.

But a Radeon 9800PRO or a 6600GT would be an overkill. The CPU will bottleneck them.

intel combo

why dont u get yourself a nice pentium d with descent mobo. im sure the mobo will have onboard video which should be better than your curretn video card epscially if made by intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back