Need help for Utorrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelOfLighT

i need help with UTorrent
in Preference i need the best setup (please help me out)
what is seed and peer?
ratio and available?
PLEASE DONT SEND ME A LINK TEACH ME .
THANK YOU

AngelOfLighT said:
i need help with UTorrent
in Preference i need the best setup (please help me out)
what is seed and peer?
ratio and available?
most importantly you need to port forward your torrent ports off your router to
your systems LAN address.
PLEASE DONT SEND ME A LINK TEACH ME .
THANK YOU
hum; can't do homework? Real disincentive to expect more info.

Superinc said:
Ratio , is how many peers are downloading the file / how many are hosting the file.

I always took this to mean, your own personal ratio of what you have uploaded vs. what you have downloaded. If all you do is download you ratio will be low, you could be banned from site etc. A good ratio (1.0) means your uploads and downloads equal. Anything higher means you are uploading more than you are downloading. Am I misunderstanding this?

0=dwl 110=uploads - but that software you're using is slower than using a Java base program.

halo71 said:
A good ratio (1.0) means your uploads and downloads equal. Anything higher means you are uploading more than you are downloading. Am I misunderstanding this?

that's right as far as i know :) one of my ratio's is 8.9, that's how popular that file is :D and another one i have is 4.2 so i do a fair bit of seeding :)

anywho, to simplify things, a seed is someone with the whole file and a peer is someone that hasn't finished downloading yet. the ratio halo71 and i have just explained and the available thing refers to how many seeds/peers there are, it should also tell you somewhere hoe many people you're commented to. e.g. if it says 10/30[20/50] it means that you're connected to 10 seeds and 30 peers out of a possible 20 seeds and 50 peers.

a good website for optimising your download speed is this one, i used it to optimise my settings (however i didn't use the patch, even though a vista one is available) :)

1. Router has to be quick with internet
2. P2P Program has to be quick (java base programs work better)
3. Max Connections 50/50 (really can go 60/60 but that will pull your network down if you're ISP is limiting bandwidth)
4. That Pc should not be used for anything else except for this purpose.

i use my pc for everything, including torrents, dvd burning, msn, excel stuff and word processing, internet and emails, and my torrents go ok. we only have a 512kbps connection but bitcomet works ok for me, apparently it uses http/ftp as well to get a faster connection, and my download speeds are fine, considering the bandwidth. admittedly it goes faster when i leave the pc for a bit but even when i'm doing all my general stuff download speeds are fine (as long as there's a good seed ;))

What type of speed are you seeing there? Think of the PC as a robot to do several task. True one PC can do it all.. Some of us who can build like me have decided just to build systems to do certain task. You can remote into these boxes and just let them do what they are suppose to do.

halo71 said:
I always took this to mean, your own personal ratio of what you have uploaded vs. what you have downloaded. If all you do is download you ratio will be low, you could be banned from site etc. A good ratio (1.0) means your uploads and downloads equal. Anything higher means you are uploading more than you are downloading. Am I misunderstanding this?

that is right ,

I was talking bout the ratio a file, that you would want to download would have. if you see too many leechs it gonna take a while.

personally i'd rather have one decent pc and maybe a laptop to do all my stuff on (not that i'm saying this pc is amazing but it gets by ;)) rather than have a pc dedicated to downloading torrents, i don't have the budget for that and i think that it could be doing other things as well rather than just sit there to do one task. on this connection i can get download speeds of about 70-80kbps on torrents and on normal http files so if i get a good seed i can get speeds the same as my normal download speed

How long does a 300MB file take to download on your system? On my it only takes 2 minutes..

300 mb would probably take a couple of hours over http but torrents can take longer, depending on the seeds

we tried updating our connection (and are now paying for the faster 8mb one) but apparently our local exchange hasn't been updated by our isp (although it has been by every other isp) and we put in a complaint that we should have been told we can't get a faster connection than we already have before we signed up for the faster package, so we're stuck with 512k for now

Wow, that's a lot of hours.. But I was talking about torrents file of 300 mb takes only 3 mins. Yes keep after those who give your ISP same there in the states. 30 mbps dwl and 8 mbps upl - I avg 27.8 mbps dwl..

Well yes that would be ideal, but some sites I can get 1.6 quick dwl depends on a lot of factors to get the fastest speed.

1. Optimize NIC (turn on onboard processor and set the card to 100TX Full)
2. Active the Icon for Internet Gateway ( it should say 10Mbp connection)
3. Use UPnp BT program that uses your Router UPnP features
4. Use speedguide.net TCP Optimizer also set MAX connections to 50/50
5. Set TCP Optimizer Connection Speed to Match your ISP Rating
6. Cable Modem Users set the MTU to 1500 on PC and on the Router
7. DSL Modem Users set the MTU to 1492 on PC and on the Router
8. DWL connections = 0 Upl=110

What your connections if it taking 22d cancel that connection.. Torrent junk leaves files behind remove those extra files when you're done. Some programs that you use allow you do change the default buffer from 4 to 32, but make sure you have enough RAM, otherwise things will be slow. Java base applications are quicker than none base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back