Need help on migrating Edge favorites from computer to another

We are finally upgrading devices in our environment from Windows 1511 to Windows 1607 (Windows 10 Anniversary Edition). We are also going to be redirecting folks from using Internet Explorer as their Default Browser, to Edge. This means they will start storing Favorites in Edge, instead of in Internet Explorer. Instead of being located in C:\Users\<username>\Favorites, they are stored in some kind of weird database file in AppData.

Now, once 1607 becomes mainstream, we need to figure out how to migrate Edge favorites from one 1607 computer to another. WITHOUT a Microsoft account.

Basically need figure out how to easily move Edge favorites.

A new version of Windows 10 called the Creators Edition has superseded the Anniversary Edition.

It was a point of information and not a solution jobeard. If you don't keep up with Windows 10 it's easy to get left behind. Whether it makes a difference in this situation I don't know but the poster should be aware of the current version of Windows before upgrading in a business environment. Hopefully they are but one never knows.

Yes, but when we take a stance that's identical to MS, then we sound and act just like MS. (n)
My approach has been to assist the user with what he/she wants and THEN advise alternatives wherever that leads.

I'll bow out here, jobeard. You are really aggressive whenever Windows 10 comes up. Perhaps you should avoid such threads.

Hmm; just like I've helped getting win/10 wifi fixes?

Ok, we have different principles when assisting others - - sorry I stepped on your toes.
I'm old school when it comes to repairs - - I just hate to remove/replace because that's the quick fix.

Back