Need Help to Remove Security Toolbar 7.1 + More

By sv806
Nov 20, 2007
  1. Hello,

I have kept up with the thread on "Need to Remove:Security Toolbar 7.1," however my problems do not stop there. While I was going through the preliminary virus removal process, my taskbar somehow disappeared and my computer is taking forever to start up. I can use commands like "Windows Key+R" to use RUN, however, there is no start button, and no it is not hidden, its completely gone. Also, I cannot drag any icons, or copy and paste anything to move things around. Same problems exist in safe mode. I have attached the AVG Anti-Spyware log, HJT Log (Crazy), and dss log (since ComboFix is having errors). Thank you in advance.

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I can see nothing in your log files that would account for the major problems you`re having.

This looks like more of a corruption problem to me.

I suggest you try a windows repair as per this thread HERE.

If that doesn`t help, then maybe you should consider a re-format and reinstall.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. coppertopfm

coppertopfm TS Rookie

worked for me

Hi, I had the same problem. Download the Program Unhackme from You can download the evaluation version which is good for 30 days and is fully functional.
    It worked great for me. It worked so well that I decided to buy it
    Money well spent. Hope this helps. (One note: before running the program, make sure that your antivirus is disabled and close all windows that are running).
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.