Need Help w/direct3D ati radeon 9550

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok here's the deal I was trying to update my display driver and something went horribly wrong. Everything seemed to be going as it always had no problems but when I tried to run one of my games I got an error message saying that I needed to either install DX9.0c or update my gfx driver. I decided to run dxdiag and test direct 3d and here is the error message iI get I have no clue what it means...

(Direct3D 7 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x80004005 (Generic failure)
Direct3D 8 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086c (error code)
Direct3D 9 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086c (error code))

I need help and don't know where to find it, but this seemed like a good spot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Direct X cant send data over the drivers to your graphics hardware

1)Uninstall Catalyst software (Drivers, CCC)
2)Download and install catalyst 7.7 NOT 7.10

7.7 was the last ATI driver to have 100% support for AGP cards, so when you run an update you can't update your graphics card drivers

Edit: Here's the link for the correct driver http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/x...-cat77-xp.html

it will work either option. I just had the exact same errors a few weeks ago. another one is omega drivers. you just have to make sure that whatever driver you use it has 100% support for AGP

alright you guys were a great help it worked I just went w/the catalyst 7.7 drivers I officially hate the developers for ati though it's rediculous to drop support for agp so soon and verry aggrivating to know that I can't update my drivers I'm building a new system though and w/have pcie cards.

VonBolding said:
alright you guys were a great help it worked I just went w/the catalyst 7.7 drivers I officially hate the developers for ati though it's rediculous to drop support for agp so soon and verry aggrivating to know that I can't update my drivers I'm building a new system though and w/have pcie cards.

i feel the same way. AMD needs to step it up now that they are in the drivers seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back