Need help w/ video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmaholic

I have a 82845G driver and some of my games do not work
I am almost sure that i need a new video card, i already have a 64Mb but i would like a 128MB but i cant find out what to buy
PLEASE HELP!

We need more information from you before we can offer you any advice.

Can you give us the details of your system? What are the make/model numbers of all your parts? (mobo, CPU, graphics card etc.).

What kind of a budget do you have for upgrades?

What my computer is..

I have a windows XP vs. 2002
Dell Dimension 2400 Intel
i would like 128MB
I have about a $40.00 budget
Thank u

Do you want the bad news or ..... do you not want me to reply? ;)

Your system does not have an AGP slot (let alone a PCIe16x). For graphics this means you are limited to PCI graphics, and if you are trying to play any of today's newer games, I am afraid that your only option is to do a complete upgrade. PCI graphics just can't handle today's games.

But if you are simply wanting to upgrade your graphics so you can have a great game of "pong" once and a while, then shop around for the PCI version of the 9550 cards.

wait...

so you mean i cant upgrade my video card graphics?
My budget can go over 40$
Is there any other way/

What games are you wanting to play?

You can upgrade to PCI graphics, and they are a lot better than onboard, but simply not enough for newer games is all....

well...

i just bought a ATI Radion 256MB for my computer and my games work, but there is still a small graphic error and when im playing an error message pops up. ATI Radion PCI 256MB<-----

I hate it when those Mobos don't have an AGP slot or a PCIe slot. It burns me up :hotouch: :p. What does the error message say?

Yikes. Nice catch greenmachine!

A 64 bit version of an fx5200..... (donnagual shudders at the thought)

It said somthing about.... i forgot but in the middle of the game it pops up and makes my screen big. it is annoying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back