Need help with 0x0000009c (0x00000004, 0x805461f0, 0xb2000000, 0x00070f0f)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I was getting an error prior...and this kept happening...telling me that it was either the board, psu, cpu or memory. Well, I replaced the board (the original one failed, with new board still happened) RMA'ed the memory, still happened with new memory...replaced the power supply..up from 430 to 500, still happened, and finally replaced the CPU and it still happens..Even replaced the video card, it was a 9800, now an X800XT PE, that I had....any ideas. About the only original part left is the sound card...

Here is the last dump file i got...

Dump file

oh I have an AMD 3200+ Socket 754 machine, my board is a Gigabyte GA-K8NS, 1.5 gig of kingston memory, 60 gb hard drive, audigy card (bypassing on board sound) x800xt pe video card, and 500w antec psu.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system has undoubtedly has a hardware problem.

0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

This is a hardware issue: an unrecoverable hardware error has occurred. The parameters have different meanings depending on what type of CPU you have but, while diagnostic, rarely lead to a clear solution. Most commonly it results from overheating, from failed hardware (RAM, CPU, hardware bus, power supply, etc.), or from pushing hardware beyond its capabilities (e.g., overclocking a CPU).

Go and read this thread HERE and see if it helps you to identify the culprit.

Regards Howard :wave::wave:

well...

i replaced all those major parts...its got new ram, a new cpu, new psu, and mobo....even replaced the hd and did clean install of winxp...could it be one of the other parts...like my sound card, modem card??!?!

Curious in that my AMD Sempron 2800 + with 1 gig Kinstson memory is having the same problem. I have an Aforce motherboard.

Is it possibly an AMD error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back