TechSpot

Need Help with EBay Listing.

By GRunyon
Oct 7, 2006
  1. Hello eveyone. I have my computer componants all ready to be selected and bought on NewEgg when I just realised... why not sell the Xbox 360 I hardly use and get even more money towards my build?

I need to get rid of my Xbox 360. Theres about 800 dollars worth of stuff plus a EB Games warranty so the buyer could just return it and get a completely new system. Do you all think I can get $600 for everything? More? Where should I try to sell it... other then eBay of course.

I really need this thing to sell so my ad needs to sound really good. Any decent EBayers out there want to proofread and/or make suggestions to what I should and should not include? I was thinking about making the listing for 599.99 and offering free shipping with the buy it now of $780.

Sound good?

Sorry if I'm not supposed to make these kinds of threads, didnt see a rule against it though. Thanks!

2. GRunyon

GRunyon TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 55

I guess I'll just post it...

3. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

check other similar listings and price accordingly. I sell from time to time. Price it at about 20-30% less than what the average price is for about to end auctions. If you have a bottom line price, set a reserve, but sometimes that will scare away buyers.....

Be clear and concise with your listing and make sure it free of grammatical and spelling errors. ALWAYs use delivery confirmation or some kind of tracking system when shipping.

stay away from newbies (5 or less feedbacks) or negative feedback buyers. You can cancel their bids if you feel necessary. I usually don't allow newbies to bid on expensive high dollar auctions. I have been burned too many times by non-paying bidders that were newbies.

As a seller, never give feedback until the buyer gives you feedback, otherwise you are left holding the bag. Some will argue otherwise that the buyer has paid you, but in actuality, the buyer has not completed the sale because he has not told you he is satisfied with the transaction. This makes the buyer think twice before burning you with potential negative feedback.

4. danger_mouse

danger_mouse TS Rookie Posts: 59

Only problem is, your xbox is a Core edition, and in the Premium you get the Warranty, 20GB Hard Drive, VGA Input Cables and the XBox Live Headset when you buy it! So take alook about at other peoples lists and set your price somewhere around thiers otherwise yours wont sell!!

5. GRunyon

GRunyon TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 55

True, someone else said the same thing. They seem to think that I should forget the cost of the headset, hard drive, etc. and price accordingly that way. I guess I'm not getting 600 for it anymore.. lol

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.