Need help with Hollywood plus!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

I'm new here and this will be my first of many threads probably!

I need help with the hollywood plus, the dvd playback works fine but how can I get full screen on my monitor without frames???

It's very disturbing to watch a movie with the frames all the time and I can't get it to cover the hole monitor..

Best A

I presume you mean by "frames", the black bar at the top and bottom of the screen. Most all DVD's come in widescreen format and you are seeing the actual picture as it is shown in theaters, without the sides being clipped off. Your monitor is not widescreen, so you have the bars. Some DVD's come in both formats, full screen and widescreen. You'll have to look on the box to see the difference. I don't know about your DVD player, but on some HDTV's there is a feature to make widescreen fill the picture but it distorts the shape of the picture and is not very pleasing to me. I guess it would be the same as if you used your monitor controls to make the picture go to the top and bottom of the screen. I don't think you would like it.

Hm ok I now what you mean, but my problem is that the dvd station that comes with the Hollywood plus card doesnt let me watch the full screen I can only get half a picture in a window so to speak on my monitor which mean that I can see the background on my monitor all the time...

I dont know how to cover the hole picture if it is in widescreen I want it to be black where there is no picture..

So the player you are using has no option to use full screen mode? I assume by frames, you mean it is in a window rather than filling the entire sreen. If there is no option to make the playback fill the screen(widescreen would still have the black bars at top and bottom) but you should be able to fill the screen with a setting somewhere. If not, use a different player. I would recommend PowerDVD.

Hm I have tried powerdvd but the sound sucks, but I have not thrown it out yet, it sounds realy badly like an old turntable, and I dont know how to fix it.

You want to full screen the picture on your monitor? Then double click anywhere on the picture.

Originally posted by andy plus
Hm I have tried powerdvd but the sound sucks, but I have not thrown it out yet, it sounds realy badly like an old turntable, and I dont know how to fix it.

All I can really tell you, without actually experiencing the sound problem, is to play with the sound settings. There are some combos of settings that will really mess up the sound. If you tell me what your settings are, I can probably tell you what needs changing.

As for Phants recommendation, I didn't think of mentioning that, but yes, most player software will go full screen with a doubleclick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back