Need help with XP and hidden wireless card

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsdkellysr

OK my brother in law went onto one of the kids computers and somehow hid the wireless internet card in the unit. It is still there but, I don't recall how he said he did it and we are trying to find it again. If memory serves me correctly it was hidden an passcoded? Anyone have any clue how I would be able to relocate it so that we can turn it back on?

Try removing it and let it install again. Or go into the Device Manager and enable the wireless card.

Start, Control panel, Administrative Tools, Services - is Wireless Zero set to automatic?

OK well tried both above ideas. The Wireless Zero is set to automatic. Went to Device manager however no wireless shows up. If I remember corectly he completely hid the file and password protected it. Upon looking at the outside of it (its a compaq presario) the only thing it has on the outside is that it has multiple "firewire" ports. The computer was working through wireless and clearly had the connection through my wireless router before he did whatever he did - now it shows nothing. Is there any other way to detect it without having to take the unit apart?

I believe you need to install the Wireless Drivers before it will show up. Check your support CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back