Need mp3 to wma converter

By DjKraid
Feb 24, 2009
  1. As the topic says i need a converter...

my cars cd players mp3 codec is fu**ed up so everything has to be converted to wma :/
  2. bobcat

bobcat TechSpot Paladin Posts: 688   +67

I recommend you the Switch Audio File Converter, which I have been using for some time with good results throughout. The basic version is free and will do the job you want. Plus, it’s really simple to use, and fast too.

By coincidence, I’ve just used it to rip the audio from an FLV video. It worked OK, where another tool I have, dedicated to this particular conversion, had failed!

Bear in mind, of course, that the reduced quality of MP3 cannot be brought up to that of the original WAV or WMA by converting back to it. Nothing can restore the original info once lost by compression to MP3. However, if your MP3s are 160 kbps or more, the difference will be hard to hear, and in a car virtually inaudible.
  3. CapriAnupam

CapriAnupam TS Rookie

You can try "Any Audio Converter", or MediaCoder Audio Edition to convert audio from one format to another. Both are freewares.
  4. DjKraid

DjKraid TS Guru Topic Starter Posts: 536   +21

Nice! thx for the help :)
  5. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

Swift is a great converting program. I recommend it as well.
  6. DjKraid

DjKraid TS Guru Topic Starter Posts: 536   +21

yep...i tried that and it's great :)
  7. Airandius

Airandius TS Rookie

I think it has already been solved good enough, but I recommend you the super converter.
    It's 100% free and can convert almost anything to anything, even video to mp3.

Just name it and it can do it. It even can convert rmvb files! =:D (People that want to watch anime's on an Ipod would love that fact.
    It does more then only convert however, you can select bitrate, channels and much more basicly you can reduce the size of sound files or movies without a problem and it's fast and easy to use aswell.

Just google: Super Converter
  8. Romero11

Romero11 TS Rookie

At the moment my favorite application for converting from MP3 to WMA is FlexiMusic Audio Convertor it is an excellent software which converts MP3 files to other type of audio files.
  9. kaaanooo

kaaanooo TS Rookie

I have the same problem and I tried nidesoft program. it works very good, thanks for share.
    also I got something to share:
    here you may get lots of useful guides and information about video converter and dvd ripper
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.