Need to know how to manualy reinstall the TC/IP protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

omegaweopon

I got a belkin router, but my parents comp isnt allowing the internet connection, i called belkin and they told me that i needed to reinstall the TC/IP protocol, i call dell, but they wont give me tech support because the warranty is expired. Can anyone help?

SImply open Network Connections from control panel, select the connection you wish to remove it from, right click and select properties, Highlight the TCP/IP protocol, and click the uninstall button.

Spike tone down that coffee use bud, he asked how to reinstall TCP/IP protocol, not turn off the protocol. :)

Actually i'm not sure why the Belkin router tech told you that. Can you please explain in more detail what you are trying to do and what it is not doing?

You bought a router to connect a second computer to the internet? The parents PC was connected to the internet, but nowafter the router install it won't connect anymore?

i FIGURED IT OUT. All I had to do was go to my network. select the Dell LAN card. And it has an option to install right there. It worked.

And the reason why the belkin tech told me I had to reinstall was because my default gateway was incorrect.

a lot of 'tech support' relies upon auto-discovery and/or the installer to do its thing :(

very similar to the car industry; almost nobody repairs parts (eg fuel pump) any
more -- they just remove and replace.

time is money and we can't get any more of the former.

time is money and we can't get any more of the former.

Unless I could just get this damn flux capacitor to work! Bwwwaaaahahaha.

I agree jobeard, the tech guy just didn't want to take the time to explain setting up the subnet mask and gateway addresses for each PC. Too many 255 255's to explain.

LOL Kirock. I do need to tone down my coffee use ( :D ), but I figured that once uninstalled, the installation process would be obvious (the same process, except the uninstall button becomes the install button.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back