Need Via vt8601t chipset drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
If some1 can help me to get drivers for VIA VT8601T chipset motherboard. It has audio and video onboard. My OS is win98se.

Are you sure this is what you want to do.

When looking for chipset software for your computer who may need do a bit of investigation (and will explain how shortly) but one should always start by looking for the software in this order:

• System Builders, e.g. Dell, Sony, Gateway and HP
    Maker of Motherboard e.g.ASUS, Gigabyte, BioStar
    and down the food chain

The drivers that BEST match for your hardware comes by the builders at the top of the list since they may have (and have every right to) modify parts they've received from other vendors which means they also must modify the chipset code and they maintain their own.
    If one can't find, eg. a motherboard make for your chipset, then you to the chipset to look for it. But there is no guarantee it will work on a motherboard built and sold by someone esle.

A decent article on this (and how to track down what you should be looking for can be found clicking here

Morning CCT, well, at least morning here ...

I must be a little slow this morning still. As i'm not sure how the OP should "connect the dots" to yield the right "drivers for VIA VT8601T chipset".

Am just not sure the path you're suggesting to take once you click the link you provided (btw. it does show me 39 different motherboard companies that use their chipsets.)

It's Win 98 - that was like a Ford F150 - bulletproof. Since the poster did not say it wouldn't boot, that Via driver detective works well.

If it doesn't boot, then a different story.

edit:

In fact, that page also gets you to this one;

http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=420&OSID=7&CatID=1120

which says, in part "Win95/98/98SE are now relatively old operating systems, and latest release drivers are no longer optimized for those operating systems. Many users of VIA chipsets who run Win95/98/98SE report that using this old 4in1 version, they experience a more responsive system." and has a download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back