Nero 6 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have put nero on the brothers computer and now it takes roughly 3 minutes for the computer to come on. can any1 help me please. it came up with a fatel error message. cant remember wat i said though. i have had a simliar problem on my computer be4. i tryed to taking nero 6 out and didnt make any diffence. so i reformated the computer hoping that will sort the problem out but it hasnt. can any1 please help me. thanks

Check your hard drive in device manager. the IDE channel it is on should show it operationg in UDMA mode 4 or 5 if it shows PIO mode uninstall and reboot and let windows reinstall the channel when it reboots.

Thank you for your reply. but what you suggested did not help. thank you. under the device manager we have two ! marks showing under multimedia controller and usb mass storage device. i will send you a email of what it looks like. help please

Those Exclamation marks generally mean your drivers are ,out of date ,unsigned or corrupted.
Find the most up to date drivers( Web etc.)
uninstall each item ( I would do this one at a time)
Make sure you delete the recycle bin before reboot.
Do not let Windows load the drivers Automatically.
Force windows to choose the driver file from wherever you saved it then reboot.
Also you must make note of those errors ,It might have been possible to repair your issue after installing Nero.Very often there is a conflict between two writing softwares, it is well documented that simply uninstalling one can still effect the other , unless you clean up comepletely.
Nero has a tool on it's site for this porpose.

Glad it worked out .BTW that tool at Nero is called the General Cleanup Tool, you will find in their utilities , downloads along with a wack of handy stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back