Nero 6 Won't Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdculp

I use Nero 6 a lot and always keep it updated. I always use the cleaning tools before updating. I use Windows Me.

Sometimes, for unknown reasons, one or more of the applications will not start--either from the SmartStart window or from Start-programs. The worst offender is wave editor, but others do it as well. In the past I have solved the problem by reloading the entire suite--sometimes with an older version. But now I am dead in the water. Reloading doesn't help. Wave Editor just won't open. Other apps in the suite will, but not all.

Help please.

Stuart Culp

First of all you shouldnt be completely removing Nero to update it. the update is configured to update whatever files need to be updated there is no need to remove nero. using WinME an OS that does not protect it's system files from being deleted or damaged is probably one part of the problem.

it has been awhile since I used WinME but if I recall correctly you can find System File Checker in system information under "tools" on the toolbar. run system files checker. (you will need your WinME disk for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back