TechSpot

Nero: Can't record clips from multiple DVDs onto one disc

By HolyJoe
Feb 13, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Every time I try to make a dvd compilation with Nero, it says "reading dvd volume failed". Any insights on what I'm doing wrong? TIA
  2. JMMD

JMMD TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,177

It depends on how you're doing it. It's easy to do just with DVD Shrink.
    Get all your clips and add them into Shrink in ReAuthor mode. Then output as files and burn with NERO. You could also output as an ISO and burn with DVDDecrypter or NERO.

I use TMPGENC DVDAuthor to make demo disks for home theater. It's great if you want to make menus.
  3. HolyJoe

HolyJoe TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks JMMD. I'm downloading DVDAuthor right now. Is this all I need to make compilation DVDs, or should I get DVD shrink as well?
  4. JMMD

You could use just DVDAuthor. I use shrink to cut out the portions I want and use DVDAuthor to build the compilation.
  5. HolyJoe

Thanks again. I downloaded DVDAuthor, and I know I sound like a computer illiterate, but it's a bunch of files in zipped form. I extracted them but I don't know where to go from there. Some of them are extensions and the others ask to choose a program to open with. Any hints on what I should do?
  6. JMMD

7. HolyJoe

Thanks a lot my friend. Just burned my first DVD with dvdauthor. :grinthumb
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.