TechSpot

Nero Issues , Need Help

By LegendaryU2K
Feb 17, 2005
  1. Alright here is the problem that i am having.

First off, i am using an old version of nero, 5. something, something. Second i am only using one drive i guess its my DVD drive:

"IDE-CD R/RW 8X4X32"

When trying to burn something on a cd-r, i cant. I guess using a cd r/rw drive wont let me burn stuff onto a cd-r(this sucks for real). Now here is the problem right now.

I am trying to Write to CD , I got Zip files, and some exe files, Total = over 500MB. So i go to add them to the compilation, and then i go to write them onto my cd(CD-RW) and an error comes up at the end of the session:

Invaid Write State
    Could not Perform End Track
    Burn Process Failed at 4x(600kbs)

Ok , what is the problem here? Software or hardware issue.

Note: I had to remove one of my drives, so i am only using my dvd drive, which is drive D on windows 98 se.

Is it possible to burn or write stuff onto a CD-R using a cd-rw drive? please tell me whats really going on, also tell me what other program is good like nero, thanks.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.