.Net Framework 3.5 for windows 10

adnanbahrian

Hi ,

Am new in this forum and hope I will get best answer.

I have windows 10 and when I run some software's then it ask to install .net framework 3.5

And when I try install then it takes hours to do installation but still not finished.

Kindly help me to install it with lesser time.

Adnan

So the software which prompted the installation of .net framework 3.5 may have been in error or have a corruption.

Or there may have been a prior install of 3.5: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21 does state "IMPORTANT:
  • If you have installed earlier pre-release versions of .NET Framework 3.5, then you must uninstall them prior to running this installation by using Add or Remove Programs. "
In any event, it is older software and may be 'cranky' - so I would remove it and download fresh and try again.

The long install could be getting updates to Win10 or to other Microsoft software - I've had some take 6-7 hours - if that is any indicator or your issue, I hope you have a recent restore point (which may be the best way to 'remove' a cockeyed install).

I installed fresh windows and software's also. Now when I try to open software then it ask to install it. Please see two snapshots as attached.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    19 KB · Views: 3
  • 2.png
    2.png
    14.8 KB · Views: 3
If you look in Control Panel for Programs, then Turn Windows Features on or off you'll find entries for Net Framework. If you deselect and restart your computer Net Framework will be removed when you restart Windows 10. I suggest you then reverse the procedure and reactivate it. A bit of trial and error may sort this out.

Please see attached , when I click on .net framework 3.5 then same procedure start as I mentioned in above 2 snapshots.

Attachments

• 2017-01-15_215639.png
    2017-01-15_215639.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 3
All I can tell you is that Net Framework is cumulative so you can't miss out earlier bits. You need to get rid of 4.6 and then maybe 3.5 will activate.

If you have the installation DVD/USB/Whatever, insert it and try this

Start
type cmd
Right click cmd and select run as administrator
Type the command below and hit enter

dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:Z:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess

Replace Z with whatever the drive letter of your dvd is. Also note, NetFX3 is case sensitive. I'm not 100% on the command, I used to use it in my old job so I only have a vague recollection of it.

If you still haven't got round this it's maybe that you are trying to install some piece of very old software with compatibility issues rather than there being a problem with your computer or Windows 10.

Thanks , I have below questions :
1) is there one space before this sign ==> / ??
2) Which drive letter should I replace ? you means dvd rom ? and why asked to use USB ? should be there any file on USB before doing this command ?

Thanks

I did it but its still is in process I think , please see attached snapshot.

Attachments

• 2017-01-16_231406.png
    2017-01-16_231406.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 1
Also I searched above code in google and it also asking for below two steps :

Insert Windows 8 DVD or mount ISO image. The source of this feature can be found in folder E:\sources\sxs. (In this case E: the user’s drive letter on which the user has loaded Windows 8 Media.)

Should we do it not ? if yes then how ?

I'm wondering why a Windows 8 install disk is about to be used on your computer that's currently running Windows 10. Be careful that you don't go from a minor problem to a situation where the computer won't boot because Windows is damaged.

Yes, that's correct, you replace the drive letter with your DVD drive letter. I mentioned USB because some people install windows that way now, but if you have the DVD that's fine.

The site you googled may have mentioned windows 8 because you can use the same method to install it on that. You do need a windows 10 disc for it to work on windows 10 though. If you already tried to install it on windows 10 from a windows 8 disc, don't worry about it, they package it differently on the two versions for some reason, so it won't cause any damage, it just won't work.

As for why it's just hanging like that, I'm afraid I'm not too sure, it looks like you entered the command correctly.

Tks above is in process , once done then I let u know. Really I dont like windows 10 due to huge probems. Why I installed it because I have HP 15-AY083NIA Core i3 and its dont have wifi drivers for windows 7. If can arrange drivers for windows 7 then I will install it.

I looked up the laptop and it is sold in Pakistan without any version of Windows pre-installed. I've got doubts whether things would be any different with Windows 7. Are you running the latest Anniversary edition of Windows 10 and have you fully updated it?

Back