Netflix and YouTube account for 50% of North American internet traffic

By Justin Kahn
Nov 11, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Broadband network solutions firm Sandvine released its 2013 internet traffic trends reports, based on data from more than 250 service providers from around the globe. According to the company's data, YouTube and Netflix still remain favorites among internet users, while...

Read more
  2. See... make tv shows and movies accessible and reasonably priced online, and we won't need to torrent. I suppose for this to happen we'll have to wait for a few ignorant old men to die.
    Darth Shiv likes this.
  3. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 4,578   +76

Make everything available no need to go to the supermarket and stand in line at a redbox. Once a movie hits the theater and gets kicked out make it available on Netflix.
    ikesmasher likes this.
  4. YouTube doesn't surprise me. Netflix does. It would be nice to know device breakdown. PC and TV downloads versus smartphone and tablets.
  5. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,859   +343

Pretty much how I see it. When you make mass viewing affordable like netflix does, and then remove/reduce the gap of time between theaters and netflix, theres little reason for anyone to pirate moves (or TV shows, if made available soon after original air)
  6. Pathetic humans we are.

Design a digital super-highway, and then use over 50% of it to send photos and images of ourselves pretending to do other more interesting things (ie acting).

"The Alien Anthropologist was quite perplexed, for the species had simply amused itself to death." - Roger Waters
  7. Chis2k

Chis2k Newcomer, in training

The other 50% = PRON

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.