Netflix apologizes for downtime, offers service credit

By Emil
Mar 24, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Two days ago, Netflix was down for several hours. Many users were frustrated as they could not stream videos from the Watch Instantly service, via all of its many forms.

Read the whole story
  2. Lurker101

Lurker101 TechSpot Addict Posts: 619   +118

Netflix went down. Many users were frustrated. Many, many more people though, either didn't know or simply didn't care.
  3. vipor231

vipor231 Newcomer, in training Posts: 31

i never received that email,so where is my credit
  4. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

Yup. 97% of them.
  5. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TechSpot Maniac Posts: 880   +52

Is that why it was misbehaving two nights ago. I do appreciate the gesture and will take advantage.
  6. treeski

treeski TechSpot Guru Posts: 864   +127

*Shrug* technical problems happen... As long as it's nothing frequent, it's no biggie in my book. I tried to watch stuff during the down time... When I saw it didn't work I just watched something I had previously downloaded.
  7. sweet deal! i'll take the credit.
    i did notice an issue, but it was for only one evening, and as the prior reader stated, i just watched another flick i had downloaded :)

way to got netflix for stepping up!
  8. Renrew

Renrew TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 222   +16

Kudos, Netflix--you can teach most companies a thing or two about customer service!
  9. Relic

Relic TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,390   +16

Definitely appreciate this as I was having some issues.
  10. It is nice to see a company out there that still cares for its customers and alot of companies can learn from their gesture. With ATT, it is a pain in the butt getting a refund when they leave you without service for a couple of days. Thanks Netflix and wishing you many years of success and please continue treating your customers good. They pay your bills.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.