Netflix Bites is a unique dining experience that brings your favorite cooking shows to...

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Why it matters: Cooking shows are a guilty pleasure of mine. I've always enjoyed watching celebrity chefs whip up scrumptious creations, especially late at night when the hunger really kicks in. If you're like me and have often wondered what some of these dishes taste like, you'll soon have the chance to find out.

Netflix is diving into the culinary space with its first restaurant. Netflix Bites is a limited-time pop-up restaurant opening later this month in Los Angeles. The dining experience will afford customers the opportunity to try recipes from chefs featured on some of Netflix's top food shows including Chef's Table, Iron Chef: Quest for an Iron Legend, and Nailed It!, among others.

Netflix is also commissioning mixologists from Drink Masters to craft unique cocktails for the drink menu.

The venue is set to open on June 30 at the Short Stories Hotel in Los Angeles and will be open seven days a week from 5 – 10 pm. A brunch menu will also be served from 10 am – 2 pm on weekends. Menus are still being hammered out but interested parties can book a reservation now over on the Netflix Bite website.

A deposit of $25 per person is required, and will go towards your final bill. Netflix didn't say how long the pop-up would remain open.

This isn't Netflix's first attempt at an in-person experience. Unbeknownst to some, Netflix already offers several live experiences based on some of its top intellectual property including Stranger Things: The Experience, Money Heist: The Experience, and The Queen's Ball: A Bridgerton Experience.

Social media sensation TikTok jumped into the food services industry a couple of years back with TikTok Kitchen, a delivery-only brand consisting of 300 ghost kitchens tasked with bringing some of the platform's most popular food trends to life. YouTuber MrBeast also operates a chain of more than 1,000 ghost kitchens whipping up an assortment of fast-food fare including burgers, chicken sandwiches, fries, and even chocolate chip cookies.

Image credit: Pixabay

Permalink to story.

Back