Netflix introduces subtle new site design and refreshed logo

By Justin Kahn
Jun 13, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Some may have noticed a slightly different Netflix logo in some of its latest trailers and advertisements. That logo appears to have been put in place on the site along with a cleaner and more simple overall look. The company...

Read more
  2. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,881   +351

Why is everyone going flat? I like the semi 3d effects it helps guide the user through the UI for the first while.
    JC713, H3llion and Movatheaiur like this.
  3. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,799   +882

I feel like they should have kept this redesign until they moved fully to HTML5 video playback.
  4. robb213

robb213 TechSpot Member Posts: 31   +7

I keep asking the same thing.

I would think they would want 3D images to catch people's attention and what not.
    JC713 and H3llion like this.
  5. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 962   +98

It's a design practice that works however little overused.
  6. I love how they have the Hannibal cast on the front page. They dont even carry the show. Anyone know where I can watch the show Hannibal?
  7. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,540   +859

Yeah, images and text should be flat, same as the Earth.(y)

Don't get them too close to the side of the screen though, they'll fall off and be eaten by sea monsters..:oops:

Given the rip roaring success that is Windows 8, I expect flat and unimaginative is the new bold and brash.

If flat text and "live tiles", get too overused or perceived as too imaginative , we always can go back to text only monitors and command line.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  8. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 825   +212

I don't like it.
    I liked the red based theme they had, it set the mood for cinema.
    This look's like a PC website theme and its copious, I hope it goes away and never returns.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.