Network at work wont allow access to some sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Basically the server at work for some reason wont allow access to certain web sites. The strange thing is this is not affecting everyone on the server. Others are able to access everything without any issues while myself and 3 others are unable to browse most sites. It allows us access to some sites but not the majority...

Any help or idea's greatly appreciated??

Thanks
G

we're an it company ourselves...one of our techs has been working on it for about 2 weeks but he hasn't been able to find anything...just wondering if anyone give any ideas of anything that mite solve it

If one of your techs has been working on this for two weeks, it may be hard for any of us to come with something that s/he has not tried. That said, have you tried to use your login ID on one of the machines that seems to have access to the web in your office? That would at least narrow it down to whether it is your machine or your login that is being affected.

The next thing that I would look at is the version and update status of your OS versus the others and also the version of the browser you are using versus the others. I would also look at firewall versions and settings.

But again, your tech may be well beyond this already.

greener86 said:
Hi,

Basically the server at work for some reason wont allow access to certain web sites. The strange thing is this is not affecting everyone on the server. Others are able to access everything without any issues while myself and 3 others are unable to browse most sites. It allows us access to some sites but not the majority...

Any help or idea's greatly appreciated??

Thanks
G

Sounds like they have bluecoat hardware web filter box in the server room or patch panel closet or you and the 3 others don't have permissions to access certain sites or have limited internet access though Windows Enterprise Server 2003 Active Directory.

I.T. admin could have set a proxy in the link; how is your Browser and Email configured?

Exemptions in IE or proxy port like Jobeard said that too.. If you know what port is open for the outside like 8080, you would add that and my.proxy.ca port: 8080

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back