Network issues with telephone

Hi guys,
I just moved apartments a little more then 1 month ago, now I switch providers with my internet, and after finally more then a month the internet arrived. In the meanwhile this month I could use the internet from the neightbours down stairs. Worked perfect, same provider same router etc. I like to game a lot on my pc online, so from time to time I had some lagspikes but everything else worked perfect. Now when our modem arrived we figured out that when we connect my wife's iphone6 to the network it starts making problems. The ps4 cant stream music anymore, phone and my laptop aren't working. Then when we disconected it it starts to work again. Sometimes it works for a while like 10 minutes or something and then it stops working again. Everything else worked perfectly fine before, ipad, iphone ps4 etc. I called tech services from the provider, they said reset iphone to factorry settings and it should resolve the problem. Did it , no succes. Also I changed channels in the router but all the same.

A part from that , I got bigger lag spikes with my modem then when I used the one from the neightbours. If I'm alone at house and play a game, usually my ping is around 80/90 , same as when I used the neightbours internet. But now every 2 or 3 times in a minute it goes up to around 150 / 200 ping, and every 5 minutes or something even more then 200. It only stays like this for 5 seconds then go back to normal. But it doesnt happen if I use my neightbour internet when im in his house.

So anyone got a idea what causes the problem and how to resolve it ? Most important thing is how can I get the iphone connect to our network without issues, cause my wife is killing me. Thanks in advance.

Sounds like you have a DSL internet over the phone line - - confirm?

Back