New Apple desktop

I want to move on and purchase a new apple all inane desktop MAC pc, I currently have an apple iMac, its 12 years old and it won't let me update to the latest OS, with is OSX El Capitan 10.11.6, and a lot of programs require an update, WHAT to do...new computer or help[ updating????

12 years old? I think you got your money's worth to be honest. I'd buy new, and forget trying to update.

Yes, I too am limited with an older iMac (10.13.6) High Sierria. I'm allowing it to age gracefully until it can't take another browser or iTunes update and will deal with the expense then. As gaming is not my bag, this will allowthe highest ROI of the existing machine -- good luck to you.

Yes, I too am limited with an older iMac (10.13.6) High Sierria. I'm allowing it to age gracefully until it can't take another browser or iTunes update and will deal with the expense then. As gaming is not my bag, this will allowthe highest ROI of the existing machine -- good luck to you.
Just got done spending $3000 for a new iMac should do the trick and I’m not a gamer just a business person Thanks and have a great week

12 years old? I think you got your money's worth to be honest. I'd buy new, and forget trying to update.
Thanks just what I did went to the Apple store spent $3000 yeah buddy should do the trick for me not a gamer or anything special just a Businessperson ....have a great week

What you may want to consider is doing a Time Machine backup, then with your new Mac during initial setup it will ask if you want to copy from a Time Machine backup from an older mac. You can do that all the apps that are compatible will carry over, some likely won't because of incompatibilities. But it can save you a lot of effort if you wanted to keep your old stuff.

Back