New Build and Vista Home Premium Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ru1thirst

Well this is my first build and I'm having a problem getting vista home prem. to install on 1 of my new seagate .10 250gb sata drives. Vista says it needs drivers. I've dl the sata drivers from my mb website (msi P6n 650sli plat) onto a flash drive because vista says you can browse and select from cd/usb flash, and so forth. Each time I try, it says drivers not found. I'm not setting up a raid array just want to have 2 sata drives both the same and install vista home premium to one of them and the other for just about everything else. I read everywhere that you have to dl the drives to a flobby and then hit f6 or something but vista here is saying usb device is fine. What am I doing wrong? I do have ide drives but don't want to use them.
Forgot to mention that both sata drives are showing up in the bios. Just can't figure out the way to get the correct drives installed for vista home prem 64bit.

Just a thought, but most driver downloads are zip or rar and must be extracted before they can be used.

Figured it out. Had to disable raid in the bios to have the drives detected as ide and then vista installed the needed dlls automatically. All is up and running now. Now I just have to figure out how to gain use of the drive that does not have vista installed on it. Still shows up in bios but not under my computer.

Well I am glad you got it fixed and I have to give you an ad-boy there! Doing a first build and using Vista could be very daunting! Good job!! :D

Thanks halo71. I can use all the "ad-boys" I can get. Just got back up and working away on it again. Was up till 2am last night tweakin' away on it. This is a major upgrade going from a p4 2.4 ghz to a c2d e6600, hyper cooler, 2gb Pat. mem, xfx 7900gs, 2-250 sea. sata drives, and a nice red corsair 620w psu! I can't believe the speed difference! My old machine was only 3 yrs old but you know how that goes. The thing is, you just don't realize how many cool little programs and utilities you've added to you old machine till you go this route and they are gone. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back