New build rig worked for a week, then died. No power

I built a new rig one week ago. It worked fantastic since then,. Shut it down last night after it appeared to go into sleep mode, but I couldn't get out of it and just manually shut down.

This morning I wake up, push "power" and nothing. No response whatsoever. No fans, no recognition at all by the machine. The green LED light on the mobo is on.

I have an Ultra PSU and thought perhaps it was the culprit. Bought a Corsair, installed it, and again nothing when I press power. Reinstalled the Ultra, again no response at all.

Completely at a loss.

Processor: Phenom 2 965
RAM: 4 GB
GPU: 5870
Mobo: Asus M4A79XTD Evo
PSU: Ultra 650w LS
Haven't even touched any overclocking.

I beg you, please help.

It sounds like the motherboard has died, or the power switch and/or associated connections have a fault. You would need to test the wiring going to the power switch to make sure the switch is closing the circuit. If that is working ok check there is a supply voltage present going to the switch. If the wiring and the switch all prove to be fine then I think you should return the motherboard for a replacement. In your last test did you also disconnect keyboard and mouse, if not try it, disconnect absolutely everything except the monitor.

Back