TechSpot

New build thoughts

By Dcrewchief
Feb 2, 2005
  1. Hello everyone. i really love this forum it is a good place to come and seek answers.
    i am considering a first time build and would everyones input as to the components i picked out as to whether or not they will play together nicely.
    MSI K7N2 Delta2 Platinum
    Mushkin PC3200 512MB dual channel kit
    AMD Athlon XP3200+(barton core)

i am uncertain about memory speed as some manufacturers do not show DDR400 as a recomendation for this board. Will PC3200/DDR400 fly ok on this board? i want the memory and cpu to clock the same at 400.

All opinions appreciated. :suspiciou

2. vnf4ultra

vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,195

System help

I think the memory should work at ddr 400. It says it does on msi's site, so it should.

3. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

The AthlonXP 3200+ is almost impossible to find. In fact, AMD has stopped producing quite a lot of Barton CPUs & are promoting the Semprons for the Socket-A platform.

IMO it would be wiser (& not that much more expensive) to get an Athlon64 2800+ / 3000+ & a nForce 3 250 board.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.