New comp wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, i just finished putting together a pc for my grandpas office, ive checked like 81239812 times, everything is connected properly. When i hit the power button, nothing happens. Not even an attempt to boot, no fans turn on, nothing.

any suggestions??

Don't worry this happens all the time! Remember to power off before disconnecting anything. Do you get any beeps? 1 beep is good - more beeps is bad and can tell you what is going wrong.
First take out the motherboard and make sure that there not too many stand-offs; any extras can short out the board.
If this is OK, check you have all the front panel connections on the right pins - an LED connection on the reset button for example will stop it booting.
If this still does not sort it, disconnect everything and take out all the cards except the front panel and power supply cables. Does it boot? Reconnect one thing at a time and that will tell you what is causing the problem.
Get back to us!

AlbertLionheart said:
Don't worry this happens all the time! Remember to power off before disconnecting anything. Do you get any beeps? 1 beep is good - more beeps is bad and can tell you what is going wrong.
First take out the motherboard and make sure that there not too many stand-offs; any extras can short out the board.
If this is OK, check you have all the front panel connections on the right pins - an LED connection on the reset button for example will stop it booting.
If this still does not sort it, disconnect everything and take out all the cards except the front panel and power supply cables. Does it boot? Reconnect one thing at a time and that will tell you what is causing the problem.
Get back to us!

no beeps, ive tried the unplugging and replugging etc like you have said, no luck. its probably going to be something incredibly stupid ive overlooked a few times now.

AlbertLionheart said:
Does the motherboard support the processor you have installed?
Perhaps you could post some system specs for us?

ya, it supports it. the mobo isnt the best mobo, becuase its just a comp for my grandpas office, not for gaming or ne thing.

its a 4400+ dual core amd proc.
939GT3-sli-d mobo
2x 1 gig, kingston ram. ddr 400 184 pin

I used to build systems using Jetway boards and was forever messing with memory compatibility problems - can you try some different "less quality" RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back