Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

My computer:
ASUS P5LD2 Deluxe
Pentium IV 3.0GHz Prescott 2M 64-bit Socket 775
2X Western Digital 160GB 7200 rpm 8MB SATA II

My goal:
Installing and running winXP using RAID-1 for mirroring.

My problem:
Can't do it.

I connected the drives, saw them in the BIOS and configured SATA as RAID. The mobo has a dual RAID solution: Intel ICH7R & Silicon Image 3132, I chose Intel with no special reason (I don't know what are the differences between them and which is better), and used Intel's RAID utility to set the two disks as RAID-1.

The next phase was trying to install winXP. At first all seemed fine: I pressed F6, used the ICH7 SATA RAID driver, and formatted the drives successfully (appeared as one drive – as expected). Windows started to copy files from the CD and that's when things started to go wrong…
At first all was fine, but after copying between 60% and 70% it stopped and I got an error message about a file that could not be copied from the installation CD, I tried again but got the same error for a different file, after the third time I thought the CD might be corrupted and got a different installation CD. The same error occurred again and again with the new CD, each time with a different file but always after completing between 60% and 70% of the files. I decided to check if the optic drive is malfunctioning and switched it with another – same result.

I have absolutely no idea what should I try next…

What do you think ?

I connected the drives, saw them in the BIOS and configured SATA as RAID. The mobo has a dual RAID solution: Intel ICH7R & Silicon Image 3132, I chose Intel with no special reason (I don't know what are the differences between them and which is better), and used Intel's RAID utility to set the two disks as RAID-1.

The next phase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back