New Computer Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tifc8lraz

My parents bought a Vaio, and two days later it's being returned to the store after Sony told us it was running too hot, and the dvd drives were not functioning correctly, so I need suggestions for a computer both for me and them. Specifically, I need to find out the best quality brand of computer to buy (Hp, Sony :(, Dell, etc.). I am looking at a Dell Xps right now..... The budget is $1100.00

$1100.00 USD?

If so, what's the computer for? Gaming, multimedia, surfing, etc?

What peripherals do you need? Mouse, keyboard, monitor, printer?

That would help in giving advice.

I would primarily use it for light gaming, and my parents use it to check email only, and to occaisionally go on a website.

cfitzarl said:
I would primarily use it for light gaming, and my parents use it to check email only, and to occaisionally go on a website.
Will the $1100 need to include a monitor or a mouse or anything?

No, but I just called Sony, and they said they are going to sent a technition to out house, and replace certain components of the computer that are not working properly.

Build

I would build a computer. Get a good processor, good power supply, and some good cooling devices, and your set. The other things aren't so important. But definitley get them. If you are a moderate gamer, I would suggest a 7600GT video card. But if that turns out too expensive,(which i doubt it will), then get a 7300. I recommend an AMD X2 3800+ processor, or an Intel Pentium D. But if you can afford it, get the new Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 processor. That would last you a couple years. Make sure they are all compatible though. And buy it all from Newegg. I personally think Newegg is the best place to but pretty much anything from. Happy building.

I wanted to do that (that's how I got my computer), but my parents wanted to buy a brand name computer (they're not very technical).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back