New Computer, Video Card Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been getting parts for a custom computer that I have been building. I now have all my parts but I can't get the computer to work. When I turn it on, all the fans go on, including the fan located directly on the video card, however, the monitor remains black. Yes it is plugged in(I tried redoing it a few times), I removed the card and tried a different slot. It not the monitor or the cable as they seem to work on my other comps. Any help and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

Motherboard: NForce 570 Slit-A supports PCI Express, SLI ready
Processor: Pentium D dual core 3.0Ghz
Ram: 2GB DDR2
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X1600 Pro PCI Express, Crossfire Ready, 512Mb
Power Supply: 600W dual 80m fans, SLI ready

something, somewhere isnt hooked up right. it sounds like you arent even getting to the bios screen and memory check. Are you getting any beeps? If not, take that card out and place it in another computer or friends system and see if you get the same thing. if so, it might be a dead board =(

you might want to count the number of beeps you hear when you restart the computer. it will say what hardware isn't working. try going to there web site and find information about it as well. http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Produc...uID=93&LanID=9&DetailID=678&DetailName=Manual
like two beeps mean hard drive or cd driver problem, etc.. but I am guess its the video card that's not supporting, since you can't even see the starting page(bios). don't know for sure, just a guess.

More Info

There are no beeps when I turn it on. I have tried 2 different monitors and they actually stay on but the screen stays black, meaning the monitor doesn't go into safe mode. Do you think it might be because my motherboard is built on Nvidia technology and is SLI ready, while the graphics card I bought is ATI and is Crossfire ready?

There are a lot of bad motherboards that nobody knows are bad until you tell them... get online or on the phone with the people who sold the stuff to you... they can walk you through it until it works or they send you new stuff.

Did you connect the molex power to video card,

Its seated properly and connected properly,

Try the other output ,,,,,, As you have two, and the one you hookin it too might not be default,,

gl,

An ATI card will NOT work in an NForce board. The same goes for an NVIDIA card not being able to work in a crossfire board. You're going to have to either purchase an NVIDIA graphics card, or swap out the board and put in a Crossfire board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back