TechSpot

New Computer

By feardaspear
Sep 24, 2005
  1. gibbocool

gibbocool TS Rookie

Nice! I hope that a 6200 is a good graphics card though...

2. feardaspear

feardaspear TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 25

yea man its an entry level card , styll its good enuff to post more frames than my crappy 9200se

3. pkroks

pkroks TS Rookie Posts: 259

cool choice however i would change the motherboard to something with a few more expansionary options. overall a good buy. you'll enjoy it.

4. feardaspear

it has an open pci-e slot as well and two available ram slots it just dosnt show that on the website

5. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,495

If your into gaming...scrap that Gfx card, and add in 512, and youd have a decent gaming rig. But if not, that thing is good to go. What currency is that in?

Sean

6. pkroks

hey AtK_SpAdE sort out your BF2 Stats page. i went there and got about 5 trojans and spyware things from it :mad: . however some quite cool stats. quite the good player i see :D

7. AtK SpAdE

You got trojans from the site? Thats weird. I will try and kind a different stats site, but there are so few, let alone ones that allow you to link out.

And im really not that good lol...

Sean

8. feardaspear

YESS!!! I finally bought it , its a veryyy sexyy rig , handles everything i throw at it , now can u guys tell me a good software to monitor my tempratures , alrite thanks for all the input

9. pkroks

cool. y don't you post some pics on imageshack and send us the links. also get everest and post some stats... cool good for you :D

10. feardaspear

aiight guys heres the specs hope u like it , i will take some pics and post them as well soon timez

Attached Files:

11. pkroks

looks good :) hope you enjoy it...

12. vnf4ultra

vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,388

You could use motherboad monitor, it reads temps.
    http://mbm.livewiredev.com/
    If your board isn't listed in the setup thing(like mine wasn't), then just pick one similar and then manually configure it until it gives you reasonable readings. I think at first I was getting temps like -127C, but once I changed it to a different sensor, it seems to work well.

Everest home can also tell temps, in the "sensor" section.
    http://www.lavalys.com.hk/products/everesthome.asp

13. feardaspear

thanks man , yea pkrocks its a sick *** system cudnt ask for nything else

14. BillGates

BillGates TS Rookie Posts: 88

nice only a few problems no winxp pro, and it's not at least 2.8ghz which is a minimum for good performance on some games other than that it's pretty good just upgrade that card to a PCI express ATI Radeion 600 or higher.

15. feardaspear

its dual core man , i have tried pretty mmuch every good game , with decent frames

16. Noyz3001

Noyz3001 TS Rookie

It would help to better generate opinions if you described your intentions with the machine. What will it be used for?

Without knowing your uses, I would say it's at best a decent machine. You can certainly build one for less with a few more extras. If I'm spending $1300 on a PC I better have at least 2GB of dual channel RAM included.

17. Noyz3001

Noyz3001 TS Rookie

My bad, didn't see the other posts. Well, congrats! For gaming I guess that's a good rig.

18. feardaspear

its for some medicore gaming , some photoshop and some school work :knock:

19. AtK SpAdE

I think your a bit off

First,

There is no stock AMD CPU (to my knowledge) that has a 2.8ghz clock. Intel, yes, but with amds the clock is not the determing factor (they are much more effiecnt at a lower clock speed)
    For example
    a 3GHz p4 is equal (give or take) to a AMD 3000+ (in which the clock speed is 2Ghz)

And from personal expirence, stay away from the x600 series GPU. I bought one for even a light gaming rig and was utterly dissapointed.

20. BillGates

BillGates TS Rookie Posts: 88

It shouldn't be a problem unless there was something wrong with you pc configuration (x600)

If AMD has fast processors ohh my god I would switch but until then nope

21. feardaspear

amd all the way , my old pc was a intel p4 1.6 omg how i hated taht thing

22. pkroks

I had a p4 1.7ghz before i got my new AMD dual core :D. It was so cool but now that i gone AMD it is so much better... AMD is the way forward :grinthumb

23. Finchy

Finchy TS Rookie Posts: 353

I am a complete supporter of AMD, when you can get one, do get one. Their the best. Full stop.

24. AtK SpAdE

I hope this isnt turning into an Intel Flame.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.