New Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
cool choice however i would change the motherboard to something with a few more expansionary options. overall a good buy. you'll enjoy it.

If your into gaming...scrap that Gfx card, and add in 512, and youd have a decent gaming rig. But if not, that thing is good to go. What currency is that in?

Sean

hey AtK_SpAdE sort out your BF2 Stats page. i went there and got about 5 trojans and spyware things from it :mad: . however some quite cool stats. quite the good player i see :D

You got trojans from the site? Thats weird. I will try and kind a different stats site, but there are so few, let alone ones that allow you to link out.

And im really not that good lol...

Sean

YESS!!! I finally bought it , its a veryyy sexyy rig , handles everything i throw at it , now can u guys tell me a good software to monitor my tempratures , alrite thanks for all the input

cool. y don't you post some pics on imageshack and send us the links. also get everest and post some stats... cool good for you :D

Aiight guys heres the specs hope u like it , I will take some pics and post them as well soon timez

Attachments

• Report.zip
    31.7 KB · Views: 6
feardaspear said:
YESS!!! I finally bought it , its a veryyy sexyy rig , handles everything i throw at it , now can u guys tell me a good software to monitor my tempratures , alrite thanks for all the input

You could use motherboad monitor, it reads temps.
http://mbm.livewiredev.com/
If your board isn't listed in the setup thing(like mine wasn't), then just pick one similar and then manually configure it until it gives you reasonable readings. I think at first I was getting temps like -127C, but once I changed it to a different sensor, it seems to work well.

Everest home can also tell temps, in the "sensor" section.
http://www.lavalys.com.hk/products/everesthome.asp

nice only a few problems no winxp pro, and it's not at least 2.8ghz which is a minimum for good performance on some games other than that it's pretty good just upgrade that card to a PCI express ATI Radeion 600 or higher.

BillGates said:
nice only a few problems no winxp pro, and it's not at least 2.8ghz which is a minimum for good performance on some games other than that it's pretty good just upgrade that card to a PCI express ATI Radeion 600 or higher.
its dual core man , i have tried pretty mmuch every good game , with decent frames

It would help to better generate opinions if you described your intentions with the machine. What will it be used for?

Without knowing your uses, I would say it's at best a decent machine. You can certainly build one for less with a few more extras. If I'm spending $1300 on a PC I better have at least 2GB of dual channel RAM included.

BillGates said:

I think your a bit off

First,

There is no stock AMD CPU (to my knowledge) that has a 2.8ghz clock. Intel, yes, but with amds the clock is not the determing factor (they are much more effiecnt at a lower clock speed)
For example
a 3GHz p4 is equal (give or take) to a AMD 3000+ (in which the clock speed is 2Ghz)

And from personal expirence, stay away from the x600 series GPU. I bought one for even a light gaming rig and was utterly dissapointed.

It shouldn't be a problem unless there was something wrong with you pc configuration (x600)

If AMD has fast processors ohh my god I would switch but until then nope

feardaspear said:
amd all the way, my old pc was an intel p4 1.6 omg how i hated taht thing

I had a p4 1.7ghz before i got my new AMD dual core :D. It was so cool but now that i gone AMD it is so much better... AMD is the way forward :grinthumb

I am a complete supporter of AMD, when you can get one, do get one. Their the best. Full stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back