TechSpot

New CPU cooler, need your recomendations

By nosebleedXD
Jan 31, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. so basically I picked up a ocz gladiator max cpu cooler for 31.99 after mir

after reading some post later on, vendetta 2 is better than it?

just wondering =[

2. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,265   +41

Dont expect noticeably lower temps with the vendetta 2. What cpu are you using.

3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,286   +24

The fan is of lower quality than on the Vendetta 2. But its essentially an upgrade for the Vendetta 2, and they are close in performance. Replace the fan with a decent one like the Nexus Real Silent\Yate Loon D12SL-12 (for low-speed, quiet and moderate cooling) or the Scythe Kaze Jyuni 1900RPM (for the best possible cooling).

4. nosebleedXD

nosebleedXD TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 256

i'm kinda new to this whole cpu cooling thing, secondly I well.. hopefully plan to get a q6600

or one of the quad series that is depending if prices change from time to time, i'm just here

and there picking up cheap parts, like how i got the gladiator for 31 bucks

secondly, i might plan to get a new fan, and btw any 120mm fan should work?

5. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,286   +24

Yes, but make sure to get a decent one that has good bearings and an appropriate CFM:dBA ratio.

6. devin589

devin589 TS Rookie

I dont know if youd wanna do this but I personnally tok the front panels off my case and stuck a cheap desk fan up to it LOL, Lowered my cpu temp from 35C to 21C HAHA

7. nosebleedXD

nosebleedXD TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 256

lol the antec 300 case has front fans

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.