New CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay, I took your advice and looked for a new system, here are the specs of what i found:
Processor: AMD X4 PHENOM 9550 QUAD-CORE @ 2.2Ghz (4MB L3 Cache)!!
RAM: CORSAIR XMS2 4GB DDR2 @ 800MHZ - PC6400
Motherboard: ECS GeForce7050M-M V2
Hard Disk: SEAGATE BARRACUDA 400GB SATA II (7200RPM)
Graphic card: XFX Geforce 9500GT w/ 512MB
Audio: 7.1 Channel High Definition Audio
LAN Card: Ethernet 10/100 Network
CD/DVD: LG 22X CD/DVD Burner
ANTEC THREE HUNDRED Black case w/ 485Watt PSU

My concerns:
1. I do NOT game! I work in 3D graphics with the new cs4 ... is the video card enough?
2. The mother board and processor combo does not have good reviews on the net.
3. Any advice please... is this okay or should i up grade the video or scrape it and continue to search?

You are not a gamer so don't worry about it... The hardware is ok, if that's what you are looking for

I'd recommend getting the GA-G31M-S2L and an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 instead of your choice of motherboard and CPU. It'll be faster and cost you about the same (or possibly even lesser), besides the motherboard being more reliable than the ECS one you're currently thinking of buying.

Low-end buying guide:
https://www.techspot.com/guides/127-buying-guide-200811/page2.html

You need to pay attention to two things: You need plenty of RAM (I'd recommend 4GB for casually-serious graphics work) and of course a quad core CPU makes sense here (Intel Q6600 is a good choice). Everything else doesn't really matter too much.

The Phenom is cool and as much as I like AMD, I don't like having to tell you that the Intel chips have a better price/performance ratio. But they do... and there's no sense it getting an AMD system if you care about performance, honestly. Here's a random benchmark to prove my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back