New Game- Flight Simulator X(demo problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RineEater

I just downloaded the demo for this new game and when i double click on the shortcut to get into the game it says this: Invalid Hardware or Driver Detected:The drivers currently installed for your video card may cuase your computer to stop responding when Flight Simulator is running. RADEON 8500 Series .0 Click yes to search for newer drivers, or No to continue. So i press no and it says this: Flight Simulator is not working with your video card. Verify that you have the latest drivers installed for your video card. Flight Simulator will now exit. I think all this is kinda funny (wierd funny) because here are the requirement for Flight Simulator X:

---Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista
---Processor: 1.0 Ghz
---RAM: Windows XP SP2 - 256MB, Windows Vista – 512MB
---Hard Drive: 14GB
---Video Card: 32MB DirectX 9 compatible
---Other: DX9 hardware compatibility and audio board with speakers and/or headphones
Online/Multiplayer Requirements: 56.6 kbps or better for online play

Here is what I have: ---Windows XP Home Edition SP2
--- Processor: 1.66 Ghz
---RAM: 512 MB
---Hard Drive: (the demo is only 638 MB) Have a couple gigs though
---Video Card: 64 MB DirectX 9.0c RADEON 8500
--- every thing else is fine

so wtf is wrong with this thing???

Holy ****! 14GB of HD space for this upcoming game? FS 2004 only took up 3GB. Whyu dont you let it try and and serach for new drivers? FSX may not recognize your older card.

..AMD

actually i did try that, i went to the ATI website. but now that i think of it, i downloaded recent drivers very recently. Also now that i think of it my video card has been acting strange lately and I dont know what the problem is- not too major, i can still play my games (YAY!) it's just that the screen gets wierd and i can see the stuff on the screen shake a little bit and it's irritating to look at.

Didou said:
Your card is a DirectX 8 card.

all other games (including BF2) which are directX 9 only still work on my card- and i do have DirectX 9 on my pc- so if all other games work, why wouldn't this one- so your saying mine should only support directX 8? well, i guess it supports 9.0 too.

and i did read the system requirements, i just didn't know 8500 are only supposed to support directx 8, which wouldn't matter anyway b/c of what i said up there ^

Some games recommend a DX9 card, others require it. Flight Simulator X requires it.

RineEater said:
all other games (including BF2) which are directX 9 only still work on my card- and i do have DirectX 9 on my pc- so if all other games work, why wouldn't this one- so your saying mine should only support directX 8? well, i guess it supports 9.0 too.

and i did read the system requirements, i just didn't know 8500 are only supposed to support directx 8, which wouldn't matter anyway b/c of what i said up there ^

Just because other games work it doesnt mean all games aer. You cant have specs which dont meet a games requirements and then complain it doesnt work.

it doesn't have anything to do with the specs of the game, it has to do with what didou says my video card supports, did u even read this thread?

i'm saying that since i have directX 9.0c on my pc, it's obvious that my card supports it or else the games wouldn't work

Just because DX9 is installed doesn't mean it's supported. The Radeon 8500 has DX8 features, it cannot do any DX9 features be it in hardware or software. It is not a DX9 card.

yes exactly, just like my Nividia card is a DX9, but when DX10 comes out with Windows Vista, it will still support DX9 but the games that require DX10 may not run on my system.

...AMD

RineEater said:
so why do games that require DX9 work on my DX8 card?

Some do some don't, but you should always have the most upto date software.

And apprently, DX10 wont be avalible for XP,

RineEater said:
it doesn't have anything to do with the specs of the game, it has to do with what didou says my video card supports, did u even read this thread?

Direct X is a system requirement for most games, Specs may have been the wrong word, look on a box for a PC game, it will say under system requirements, in 'Other' something like 'DX9 hardware compatability'. So it is a requirement for the game to run. If you dont meet that requirement, you cant just say 'ye well my other games'. work'.http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en
<< Download DX9.0c and try running your game again.

I cant wait until FSX comes out. Anybody know the date when it officially debutes? It comes standard with 23planes ranging from helicopters to Jets and there is a roomer that MS will create a site specifiacly for FSX to download additional aircraft. It comes with the Airbus A330 and i heard (dont quote me on this) that it may also include the A380. On one of the sites that i was reading about it on, they named 22 of the 23 planes that it will include, but they said that MS told them that they are workin on a
secret Plane" that MS will not reveal until its offical debute (possibly the A380, due to popular demand and popular downloadable add-ons)

...AMD

hello i'm new here and I have a problem with flight sim x demo.

everything is installed ok but when I try to play it says: "Flight simulator cannot run because the version of Microsoft Direct X installed on your computer is incompatible. Please reinstall dx 9.0..."
this situation had never happened to me before. I've been playing games for a long time with this pc configuration with no problems.

config: p4 2.6ghz, 1024ram, directx 9c installed, ati radeon 9800SE (updated drivers).

Anyone can help me?

I guess this would be a good thread to post it on, but i have no clue what your problem is- sounds like a good graphics card- maybe someone else will answer if they marked yes to be emailed if someone replied- i never would have looked back at this if i hadn't- i first posted in June- wow, i can't believe it was that long ago- holy crap, i remember it like it was yesterday, and i was probably just out of school.

The FSX demo has many bugs and most of which have been *promised* to be fixed in the final release version.

It requires PS/VS 2.0 or above, which 8500 to 9550 series cards do not support (exception being the 9500 Pro). 9600 and above support PS/VS 2.0.

For the questions below- ATI Radeons (9550 and below) support PS/VS 1.4, which is a tad better support than PS/VS 1.1 (directx 8). Many developers choose to backwards code PS/VS 2.0 engines to also offer PS/VS 1.4 code paths as it has much better capabilities. FSX (demo) unfortunately needs 2.0 and no 1.4 nor 1.1 level path for older hardware. No idea if they plan to add 1.4 or 1.1 in the final release.

The directx warnings can be from having older Catalyst drivers as well as older Direct3D. You'll need the latest Direct 3D 9.0c, so grab the web installer at www.microsoft.com/directx and click the "Get latest version" link there. You must be online to use that web installer as it will only grab/update the components needed if you already have an older Direct 3D 9.0 installed. Else, you can download the full redist install which is pretty weighty at +30mb.

I'd also recommend Catalyst drivers 6.2 or above.

Flight Sim X

I purchased the deluxe version today. And I have already found myself spending more and more. Then to find out that my video card was not sufficient enough. So there goes $250.00, then at 5 frames per second I realized that I need more ram. Keep in mind my CPU is only 8 monthes old and I upgraded on all of these things when I purchased. Now that I'm finally there it is very very nice. Different features that were not on FS9 make the dent in my wallet a little easier to swallow. But I must also say I wasn't a happy camper about five hours ago.

Never the less it eats everything up in your system. I saw the same thing you did about min requirements and that's crap, crap, crap! It will not run like that unless you are not going to be busy for about a month!

I always hate when something i buy for my pc doesn't work when it should. I don't really mind going through the trouble of getting it to work- if it works. If i can't get it to work i get really mad. lol, i got a thing that says this: Hello RineEater it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Isn't this funny?

Don't feel so bad as this game really needs a LOT of work to run semi-decently even on the most top-end rigs.

A kinda risque topic video, but HILARIOUS representation of how people found FS-X can be found at:
(WARNING- If you speak German, it wont have the same humor as the subtitles dont match the dialogue. It uses a movie with Hitler as the source of comedy with lots of adult/vulgar language in subtitles... so watch at your own risk of distaste or political correctness):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcW3hbnR2EI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back