New GPU causing power overload in combination with plasma TV?

I recently purchased an MSI GTX 970. On occasion I like to play pc games on my 50-inch plasma tv, however now I have the new GPU my gameplay gets interrupted by the power flickering out very briefly, as in for less than a second. The ceiling light, TV and PC all turn off and back on in an instant, with my PC rebooting.

The house I'm renting is pretty archaic, with one or two power points per room. In this one room, I have two points right next to each other, one of which powers a board with my TV, PS4 and Wii U, the other powering a board with my PC, monitor, speakers and modem.

I never had this problem with my previous card (Sapphire 7870)... could it be possible that I'm trying to draw too much power from one set of power points now that I have a more powerful graphics card?

Plasma TV's pull a lot of power by themselves. Really sounds like the houses circuit breaker for that room is just not big enough for all your electronics or it is degrading on its own. You need to get an electrician out there to check things

Back