Aug 1, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WOW_reel2reel

WOW_reel2reel TS Rookie

2. Haretto

Haretto TS Rookie Posts: 16

I support the X800pro. But that is around 249$

Or get the 9800pro, 9700, or newer nVidia cards.

3. angdao

angdao TS Rookie

radeon 9550SE? I think it might work after all. As long as the pixelshader thing is fulfilled. I think the needed pixelshader is 1.3 or 1.4 right? This cause abit of hoo haa for the Nvidia Ti4200 users who cant play the game becoz of this pixelshader thingy.

anyway check if the 9550 fulfilled the wanted pixelshader. Check the requirements of bf2. Of coz, even if it works, i think u have to run at very low settings.

u get what u pay. So if u have the dole to spend, get a good card like those recommended but shell out more money

4. angdao

angdao TS Rookie

5. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,846

WHile it aint a beast, i have run BF2 on a 9550. You just have to make sure the rest of your rig can take the rest of the load. I have no idea why you suggest a 6800 PCI-E to a guy that is obviously both using agp and has a low budget. I think maybe a 9700 of 9800 would be a better option, but if that is all you can afford, then it shouod work (but on lower res and quality)

Sean

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.