New Graphics, Works Once, Doesn't Work Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to let you guys know, I'm new so forgive any mistakes.

The title says it all.

I get a replacement GPU (GT240) because my first GPU stopped working. The first time I install the card, nothing comes up on the monitor so I plug my D-Sub cable back into my integrated graphics. I download the new drivers. I restart my computer and what do you know my gpu works. All this was done at night by the way. The next day when I wake up, I turn on my computer. Nothing appears on my screen. I still have D-Sub plugged into my gpu. On the monitor it says "no signal".

I should enough power. I have a 450w Corsair PSU.
My first GPU (actually second) was a GIGABYTE GT 240 1GB DDR3
The replacement is an ASUS (they didn't have another GIGABYTE card) GT 240 1GB DDR3

Uninstall all existing drivers and display devices in device manager and add or remove programs. Download driver sweeper and run in windows normal and safe mode. Reinsert new graphics card and go to nvidia's website to download newest drivers.

Good luck!

If you get no signal during post, it's probably not a driver issue. Any graphics driver you install has no affect during post. As PaulWuzHere suggested, try removing and reinserting the graphics card.

If both cards didn't work, it might not be the cards but maybe something wrong with the slot or possibly the motherboard. This will sound kind of stupid but the PC was turned off when you installed the card and when you plugged in the D-sub connector, correct?

If both cards didn't work, it might not be the cards but maybe something wrong with the slot or possibly the motherboard. This will sound kind of stupid but the PC was turned off when you installed the card and when you plugged in the D-sub connector, correct?

The first card was actually faulty I had it tested, I don't know about the second card, it could be the same situation BUT I tried my Dads GPU and it worked.

If it worked in you dad's PC, then it's not the graphics card. It could be something wrong with the slot or the motherboard itself.

I misread what you wrote. So we don't know if your second card (Asus) works or not. Evidently the slot is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back